So today is Thanksgiving! A great day by my estimations, because our whole contry stops for a day and does nothing but eat, sit on the couch, watch football, eat some more, watch more football, sleep, wake up and then eat some more!!! Which this routine is not out of the norm for some in our country (Houston, my city, is the fattest city in America). I have today been trying to consciously think of things I am thankful for. As Americans we are really good at being ungrateful towards one another and God. Just because we do not have the latest gadget or car we think our lives are horrible. So here are a few things I am thankful for today….
1) My amazing and supportive wife
2) My beautiful and silly little girl, Ava
3) My digestive system that will soon be workin on some turkey (what I have left of it, some of you will get that and chuckle)
4) Jesus Christ and his sacrificial and intentional death on a cross on my behalf
5) Realizing more than ever this year that life is found when you give up everything
6) That I was able to go to China and see the church flourishing in the midst of persecution (and without a slick marketing plan)
7) My parents
8) My brother, he may be may favorite person to simply hang out with because there is no pretense with him
9) Desert, Sam and River. My Nieces and nephews, they are the best!
10) Chuys, nuff said!
11) my cat oliver…yes you made the list even though you totaly tick me off sometimes.
12) Good books
13) Good coffee
14) the resurrection of Christ that makes real life possible
15) the students at sagemont church
16) dreams and visions of great things to come
17) Jehova Rapha – A God who heals
Thats all for now….Happy Thanksgiving!